Thanks to most of you for doing an amazing job when the substitute was in class. 🙂
Today in class we focused on how to control a scientific experiment.
- Science experiments must always be controlled in order for the data / results to mean anything
- Science experiments are controlled when they are only testing one variable
- The variable being tested is called the independent variable (the one thing you change/ test in an experiment)
- The variable you measure is called the dependent variable (it depends on what you are testing)
- All other variables must remain the same and these are called the control variables
Check out the below for more.
Tonight’s homework: scientific definition worksheet